Anglia Leisure Learning are running the following weekend residential course at Hillscourt just south of Birmingham:
- Machined Textured Landscapes weekend (28-30th March) with Gina Ferrari; see their website for more details.
The MAC are running a range of interesting looking courses, many of which are 12 weeks in duration.
|Open Studios at the MAC|
- Fantastical Felt Bags - Sat 1 February, Tickets £58.00
- Textiles Open Studio - Sun 9 March, Tickets £25.00
- Textiles Open Studio - Sun 23 March Tickets £25.00
- Explore Feltmaking - Mon 28 April Tickets £90.00
- Explore Textiles - Mon 28 April Tickets £90.00
- Felted Accessories - Tue 29 April Tickets £90.00
- Constructed Mixed Media Textiles - Wed 30 April Tickets £90.00
Angie Hughes has a range of new workshops available at Cutting Edge Studios in Malvern.
|Angie Hughes' Embroidery|
- Sat 1st Feb - Inspired by Hundertwasser £45.00
- "Google him! Collage, tranfoils and machine embroidery on cotton velvet using Angie's unique foiling technique."
- Sat 15th Feb - Tantalising Textile Tag Books £45.00
- "I've added my own style to these little tag books. Techniques and materials include calico, Timtex, stamping, image transfer, and hand and machine embroidery. Great fun for all abilities." Materials available for small fee.
- Fri & Sat 28th & 29th March - Illuminated Letters £85.00 (***new***)
- "Brand new workshop making illuminated letters using felt and foils hand and machine embroidery. The designs are inspired by ancient manuscripts."
- Fri & Sat 23rd & 24th May - Bejewelled Bags £85.00
- "Taking pattern from artists such as Klimt and Hundertwasser, we will design a little bag with velvet, foils, silks and organza, enhancing the design with machine embroidery. Materials extra"
- Fri 27th June - Stitched Landscapes £45.00
- "Enjoy collaging a textiles landscapes from scraps of your favourite hand dyed fabrics then learn about all the machine embroidery stitches I can squeeze into a day and use then to decorate and enhance your lovely landscape. Pure machine embroidery pleasure."
Topics include Taster Classes in Basic Free Machine Embroidery, Fabulous Flowers, Thread & Texture Course, Organza Flowers, Silk Paper & Embroidered Cards, Beautiful Butterflies, Funky Fascinators and Creative Cuffs, on a range of dates including week days and weekends.
Do you know of any other textiles courses running locally? If so, please comment and let us know. Thanks!