We will be making items to sell at the CoCo Mad festival this summer, and welcoming Emma Woolf, the Chair of Friends of Cotteridge Park to speak to us about the festival.
Could all members please bring a basic sewing kit (needles, pins, fabric scissors, thread in a couple of colours, embroidery hoop) with them? We will have projects using felt, organza, scraps of material, etc, so if you have a scrap bag it might be helpful to bring that too!
If you have an idea of a project you would like to make to sell, could you please bring the supplies to share your idea with someone? At the moment we have embroidered hearts, greetings cards, place mats, elephant brooches, embroidery kits and finger puppets, amongst other ideas.
If you'd like to make a project but are not sure of what you could do, here are some suggestions:
- Simple art on canvases
- Necklaces/brooches made out of dyed newspaper and pelmet vilene (E.g. these)
- Felted & stitched soap/pebbles (e.g these instructions)
- Book wraps
- Simple tote bags/coin purses
- Biscornu pincushions/mini cushions, e.g.crazy quilting style
- Dyed silk scarves, like the ones people did at Margaret's (No idea if the raw materials are affordable for this, but the end result is gorgeous)
- Lavender bags
- Hooplas (attractive embroidery framed in a hoop, I've got a framing tutorial here)
- Coasters/mug rugs
- Simple felt pictures
- Coffee cup wrappers/covers
- Cushion covers
- Owl door stops - very fashionable, but materials may be pricey
- Felt flower pictures
Hopefully this has got your creative ideas flowing - we'd love to see the ideas you have, so see you on Monday!