Box of Chox with Greta Fitchett
This is the solution to those of us who are calorie conscious! A box of chocolates made entirely from fabric and thread and hand stitching. Soft sculptures made to look like chocolates, and embellished with hand embroidery and beading to create inviting surfaces. Set off in a chocolate box you will have to stop your friends from eating them.
- An Empty Chocolate Box with all the packaging – a single layer is enough. I used a Fererro Rocher with the plastic tray inside. The lidded Perspex container allows for easy viewing of the box contents. These come in different sizes depending on how ambitious you are!
- Small petit four paper cases
- Padded sticky fixers
- Fabric and Threads:
- Fabric in chocolate colours such as dark and medium brown and cream. Plain cotton, calico and polyester fabrics are suitable.
- Matching sewing thread
- Beads – brown, black, pink and tiny pearls
- Toy stuffing
- Hand embroidery thread such as stranded cotton in brown, cream and pink
- 45 mm yo yo maker by Clover, if you have one, or something to draw a circle of the same
- size (compass and pencil)
- Sheet of A4 paper
- Hand sewing, embroidery and beading needles
- Scissors for cutting fabric and threads
- Book of embroidery stitches
There's still a place left on this workshop, so if you're interested, email email@example.com