Just to remind you of some main points:
- Check out the National Website, any problems ask Claire
- Cocomad Saturday 5th July Cotteridge Park 'Festival of the Forest'
- We have a rota for helpers on the day lots of people signed up but there will be room for everyone on the day - we will need help selling and stitching with visitors.
- We are going to have a bit of a Christmas element to some of the things we are selling so we are asking members to make a Christmas card or Christmas Coasters/decorations. We are not asking for cards generally as we have quite a few left from last time.
- We also want individual small items to sell, perhaps a framed picture, even better if it on the event theme but not essential. You can donate the leaf from today's meeting which fits in nicely with the Festival of the Forest theme, Just bring them along to the June meeting cards will be provided.
N.B. We aim to sell things for £5 or less so please do not give anything you are not happy at being sold at this price.
Any questions please ask Bernadette, Angela, Jayne or Merial.
- Regional Day tickets were handed out check with Clare if you didn't get yours
- Our July meeting will be the Summer Party, we will have some guests from the Avoncroft Young embroiderers and all will get a gift. Members Tickets will be available next month.
- If anyone has a stitched name badge remember to wear it , those of us who don't - get busy!
- we agreed the committee is to purchase a set of Colouricious DVDs which will be available for members use
- We are looking at purchasing work lights, can you spot any in the pictures (sorry no prizes)
- Heather had the lovely idea of as all going down the aisle with her on her weeding day, in the form of a felt flower for her bouquet - lots of people signed up to help.
- Clare produced a list for the Tolkein project, if you chose something please let Clare know so she can keep her list up to date
And here are lots of photos of people hard at work on doodled leafs as well as some show and tell:
|Guess who won the Blue Bag; a Margaret Richards original|
|designing for a leaf doodle|
|Spot the new Regional banner|
|From show and tell Betty's Four Seasons cushions and her sketch book|
|Anne's delightful bag|
|And a Sun flower to shine on us also by Anne Watts|